The UBA branch in the DIFC provides origination and relationship coverage to Corporates and Financial Institutions across the Middle East.
Africa's global bank
United Bank for Africa (UBA) is Africa’s Global bank with a rich history spanning over seven decades. The bank which is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, is one of the most recognised financial institutions to originate from Sub-Saharan Africa with thriving operations in 20 African countries.
UBA also operates in the United Kingdom, France and the United Arab Emirates, and we are the only sub Saharan African bank with a deposit taking license in the USA.
What We Do
At the DIFC Branch, we are driven by our core values of enterprise, execution and excellence which form the basis for our day-to-day interaction with our customers. We are constantly seeking ways to ensure that your businesses succeed. Our robust Online Banking platforms are available 24 hours.
Why Choose us?
UBA is one of the leading and most recognised banks to originate from Sub-Saharan Africa with growing operations in 20 African countries, the UK, USA, and France. We are a trade gateway between Africa and the Middle East.
Our highly dedicated and qualified team of Relationship Managers is constantly available to offer bespoke services for your business.
UBA Group International Locations
We are closer than you think
Located in the heart of the City of London, UBA UK is a limited liability company incorporated in England and Wales.
UBA America Located in New York City, a global financial center and the clearing hub for the US Dollar, UBA America is presently the only Sub Saharan African Bank thus positioned.
UBA maintains a Representative Office in Paris, approved by the Banque de France, in order to facilitate a growing presence in the Francophone Africa.
The UBA Group maintains a substantial presence in 20 African countries, a truly Pan-African Bank.
Five key facts about UBA's operations in Dubai
– Manage and serve the group’s Corporate & Financial Institution (FI) clients with the aim of deepening our share of their businesses
– Engage new Corporate & FI Clients and refer them to other UBA Group subsidiaries & branches for on-boarding, lending etc.
– Promote Correspondent Banking Relationships in the Middle East
– Broaden our client base (Corporate & FI Clients) beyond Dubai & UAE to the entire middle east
– Cross sell the group’s Corporate banking products. Loans and deposits will be booked in other Group entities.
– Offer Letters of Credit Beneficiary to clients
– Originate transactions and negotiate deals that will be booked in other UBA Group subsidiaries & branches
DIFC is a wholesale jurisdiction, so any retail customer dealing is expressly prohibited. Our client types are:
– Financial Institutions
– We do not extend credit or take Deposit in Dubai
– We do not run a local balance sheet in UBA Dubai and hence do not open bank accounts in Dubai for any client (be it Corporate or FI).
UBA Group is the first Pan African bank to establish a branch in the DIFC directly from Nigeria
Overall, UBA continues to grow and expand its mission in delivering excellence for our customers, and UBA Dubai is another testament to this commitment.