Your trusted international banking partner
Situated in Emirates Financial Towers in the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), a world-class wholesale banking jurisdiction, we are poised to offer excellent services in line with global best practices to Corporates and Financial Institutions across the Middle East with a core focus on correspondent banking, relationship management, and corporate advisory services.
Our team in Dubai is dedicated to helping your business grow by offering you a range of custom-made services designed to meet your business and investment needs.
We are committed to helping our corporate and institutional clients access our global network by making referrals and facilitating deal flows to our various group entities, leveraging UBA’s Global account management platform
UBA has a very rich network of correspondent banks and our branch in DIFC is well equipped to further deepen and grow our relationships with Middle Eastern Banks. UBA DIFC Branch will provide banks in the Middle East with greater access to Africa and UBA’s Global Network. We are here to collaborate on funding and deal structuring initiatives.
We offer an array of solutions to facilitate trade with Africa for our corporate clients. These include import finance, export finance, structured trade, and commodity finance. We can also arrange (in Africa) working capital finance and other term funding requirements.
Deals & Investments
Our team of experts is available to guide Corporate entities to build investment portfolios and businesses by providing them with strategic financial advice and tools. We will also provide access to our Global custody team in Africa
UBA Group International Locations
We are closer than you think
Located in the heart of the City of London, UBA UK is a limited liability company incorporated in England and Wales.
UBA America Located in New York City, a global financial center and the clearing hub for the US Dollar, UBA America is presently the only Sub Saharan African Bank thus positioned.
UBA maintains a Representative Office in Paris, approved by the Banque de France, in order to facilitate a growing presence in the Francophone Africa.
The UBA Group maintains a substantial presence in 20 African countries, a truly Pan-African Bank.
Five key facts about UBA's operations in Dubai
– Manage and serve the group’s Corporate & Financial Institution (FI) clients with the aim of deepening our share of their businesses
– Engage new Corporate & FI Clients and refer them to other UBA Group subsidiaries & branches for on-boarding, lending etc.
– Promote Correspondent Banking Relationships in the Middle East
– Broaden our client base (Corporate & FI Clients) beyond Dubai & UAE to the entire middle east
– Cross sell the group’s Corporate banking products. Loans and deposits will be booked in other Group entities.
– Offer Letters of Credit Beneficiary to clients
– Originate transactions and negotiate deals that will be booked in other UBA Group subsidiaries & branches
DIFC is a wholesale jurisdiction, so any retail customer dealing is expressly prohibited. Our client types are:
– Financial Institutions
– We do not extend credit or take Deposit in Dubai
– We do not run a local balance sheet in UBA Dubai and hence do not open bank accounts in Dubai for any client (be it Corporate or FI).
UBA Group is the first Pan African bank to establish a branch in the DIFC directly from Nigeria
Overall, UBA continues to grow and expand its mission in delivering excellence for our customers, and UBA Dubai is another testament to this commitment.